April 11 – 23, 2023
Discover Ancient and Modern Egypt with LC Professor Paul Powers
- 15 -24 participants
(Space is Limited. Deposits due by November 20, 2022)
- $5,595 (per person, double occupancy)
- $6,895 (per person, single room)
- Stand in awe at the Great Pyramids of Giza.
- Meet with a local archeologist for a discussion about new discoveries in Egypt.
- Enjoy a performance by a music high school and a discussion about Egyptian-Arabic music.
- Be inspired by the visual arts, speaking with representatives of the arts community at a local gallery.
- A special visit to Abu Simbel, site of two temples built by the Egyptian king Ramses II.
- Enjoy lunch with a local Egyptian family.
- Visit a farm, and learn about Egyptian life in Luxor.
- Tour “Garbage City ” an underserved settlement where they are creating a sustainable economy out of a garbage dump.
- Private tour of Ancient Cairo led by Aga Kan Foundation staff, a multi-national organization improving the welfare of people in the developing world and committed to preserving cultural heritage.
- Explore with Professor Paul Powers how Islam has shaped contemporary society in the region.
- Share this adventure with like minded curious Lewis & Clark friends to delve deep into Egyptian culture.
Questions about this Tour?
Contact Andrew McPheeters, Associate Vice President for Community Education & Travel Programs.
- 12 nights’ accommodation in 4-star hotels (double occupancy):
- Steigenberger Hotel
- Villa Belle Epoque
- Private Nile Cruise
- 1 Egyptian expert guide for 12 days
- 13 days of private bus transportation
- Group arrival and departure transfers
- One way flight from Cairo to Luxor
- One way flight from Aswan to Cairo
- Round trip flight from Aswan to Abu Simbel
- Meals listed in the itinerary Entrances, sites, and honorariums for speakers
- Gratuities for guides, drivers, and hotel staff
- Water on the bus throughout the tour
- US-based customer service representatives
- International airfare
- Travel insurance-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Single Supplement 1300
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Anything not explicitly mentioned in the included section
- Hot Balloon option (Approx. 150 USD per person)